Monday, March 29, 2010

Food Revolution and Life

Have you ever had so much on your to do list that you just want to sit down and give up?  That is how life has felt the last few weeks.  I think we all go through times like this and the good thing is that there's usually a light at the end of the tunnel and we just cross our fingers hoping it isn't a train.  It's not a train, right?

I've got lots of great recipes and food related posts waiting to be shared but so little time to get them up here.  I hope you will hang in there till I get myself better organized.  In the time that I haven't posted as often I have also been doing some soul searching.  What do I want out of this and my other blogs?  Who do I want to reach?  What do I hope to accomplish?  The answers to these questions are many but ultimately I want to bring some joy into people life and also inspire them.  Inspire people to think outside the box, to make changes that are good for them, their families, their communities and this earth.  On a food blog that's going to be about doing all those things in relation to - well, food.  Preaching to the choir isn't what it's all about.  It's great, it lovely, it's nice to have at least a few people that don't get all weirded out or defensive or think you're whacked because you care about what you put into your body and what others put into theirs.  But the real change happens when people see what you're doing and get excited about it and maybe try it little by little themselves.  That little by little can add up and the next thing you know big changes are happening around you, in your own life, in your families lives an in your community.

That's exactly the kind of thing that Jamie Oliver is after in Food Revolution and he's up against some pretty big barriers.  But he cares, he's got an audience and he's going to make a difference.  If you haven't seen the shows yet, please give yourself the time to sit down and watch them.  It's worth it.  Really it is.

http://www.hulu.com/jamie-olivers-food-revolution

And I'll be back soon, a little more organized and full of stuff to share.

4 comments:

Fearless Nester said...

Oh yes I saw Jamie Oliver on Larry King Live the other night with Ryan Seacrest who he has teamed up with for this. They showed excerpts from the upcoming show. This is great stuff. ~Lili

Rebeca said...

This was so good I HAD to quote you and of course I posted your name :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like coming together & the best way is!yup food,i use your food ideas like a get well wish,,,thanks

Anonymous said...

oh yes you always seem to pull your self to the sunny garden,& once again your ideas are just so perrky,fresh,that is what makes you a writer along with a great eye on life,,,,,,hugs this thought came to life when i almost left this note let the artist shine.shine on ,shine on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails