Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Writing Prompt: Soar

A writing prompt from Writer's Island.

























Words
Work through my
Mind.

Sparked
From weavings of an
Image.

Dark
Thoughts of what is the
Point.

Feeling
It needs to serve some apparent
Purpose.

Why
Bother with the
Writing.

Translates
To my whole
Life.

Influence
That leads me spiraling
Down.

Into
A deep pit of
Anguish.

And
That is the opposite of
Soaring.

Need
To shake this
Weight.

Like
Water from an osprey's
Wings.

After
Plunging into the icy
Depths.

Mid-flight
Droplets go flying in all
Directions.

Lighter
Now to fly stronger and
Higher.

How
Do I rid myself of this
Burden.

So
I too can
Soar.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice style of writing. What's wrong with dark moments anyway!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails